We’ve updated our ExpressVPN review with the latest information to guide your buying decisions in 2019.
So, to introduce our ExpressVPN FAQ, we’ll answer some important questions
Has ExpressVPN Been Audited?
After VyperVPN rocked the VPN industry with an independent audit, ExpressVPN has followed suit. In a way. While VyperVPN’s public security review spanned their entire operation, ExpressVPN’s audit was limited only to their web extension for Google’s Chrome web browser.
Is ExpressVPN for the Chrome Browser Safe?
The outside firm Cure53 has reviewed the ExpressVPN browser plugin for Chrome. You can download the report from Cure53 to see the issues discovered during the security review. In response to the report, ExpressVPN has resolved those issues.
ExpressVPN has also published the source code for their browser extension under an open source license.
What does this mean?
ExpressVPN’s Chrome browser extension is now more secure than ever before. This means that, if you use Chrome, you can substantially improve your online security with a paid ExpressVPN subscription and this plugin.
IwantMyVPN.com applauds ExpressVPN’s foray into transparency. We hope that every VPN service will soon provide proof the validity of their advertised claims.
If transparency is important to you and you don’t use the ExpressVPN browser extension, you will need to choose VyprVPN.
Can I Stream the Super bowl with ExpressVPN?
Yes. ExpressVPN can unblock the Super Bowl and other geo-restricted sports content. Visit ExpressVPN’s website to learn how to stream live sports with a VPN.
How Can I Download ExpressVPN for Android?
Visit either the Amazon App Store or Google Play to download the free ExpressVPN app. To use ExpressVPN, you must have a current paid subscription.
When you use our exclusive link to sign up, you’ll get the best deal on ExpressVPN. You’ll also support IwantMyVPN.com at no additional cost to you. Best of all, you’ll sign up directly with ExpressVPN. IwantMyVPN.com will never have access to your personal contact or payment information.
Can I use ExpressVPN on Amazon Kindle or Kindle Fire?
Yes. Here’s the link that will help you configure ExpressVPN on your Amazon/Kindle Fire OS device.
How Can I Create Secure Passwords?
ExpressVPN has developed a new secure password generator. You can use this online security tool even if you’re not an ExpressVPN customer. This tool is free for everyone to use.
How Many Servers does ExpressVPN Have?
ExpressVPN now has more than 3,000 servers worldwide. These include 160 locations in 94 countries. Use this link to view the current ExpressVPN server list.
Now, continue reading our ExpressVPN review to learn more about this industry-leading VPN service.
ExpressVPN is a leader in the VPN market that has a proven track record of reliability and customer service.
Our ExpressVPN review takes an in-depth look at this service and can help you shop smarter and faster for your VPN for school or work.
ExpressVPN uses the OpenVPN protocol by default and offers state-of-the-art 256-bit security.
The service offers a generous allocation of bandwidth to users as well as the flexibility needed to adapt to multiple devices and security frameworks.
Here’s how we rate ExpressVPN:
- Pricing: 4.2/5.0
- Speed: 4.8 / 5.0
- Service & Support: 5.0 / 5.0
- Torrenting: 4.9 / 5.0
- Streaming: 5.0 / 5.0
For example, ExpressVPN provides support for PPTP and L2TP, giving users options to improve their connection speeds.
If you continue reading this ExpressVPN review, you’ll learn that this VPN service has made a longstanding commitment to online security and privacy.
For starters, the firm supports the Electronic Frontier foundation and commands stellar ratings from that premier privacy organization.
Our ExpressVPN review found that the service has earned its right to be at the top of your list for VPNs at school.
ExpressVPN has an impressive price structure that doesn’t force you to sacrifice features.
We highly rate ExpressVPN primarily because of its ease of use.
As a matter of fact, the “Instant Setup” feature of ExpressVPN gives you a worry-free method to start unblocking Instagram, Facebook, torrents, NetFlix and other resources at school or work.
If you need help (you probably won’t), you can get all the support you need from the ExpressVPN staff.
Furthermore, ExpressVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee that gives you the confidence you need to give their service a try.
Some of the ExpressVPN features that you’ll love include:
- 1500 servers located in 148 server locations in 94 countries.
- ExpressVPN does not keep activity logs.
- “Best-in-class” encryption.
- Unlimited bandwidth.
- Unlimited server switches.
- Use as many as 3 devices with your account.
- A kill switch safeguards against accidental exposure.
- Easy-to-use mobile apps.
- 30-day, risk-free satisfaction guarantee.
Get the latest pricing from ExpressVPN by clicking on their red “Get Started” button.
When you do this, you’ll see that you have three service options:
- One month: $12.95, billed monthly.
- Six months: $9.99 per month, billed every 6 months.
- One year: $8.32 per month, billed annually.
After choosing your price plan, you can continue by providing your email address and payment option.
Right now, you can pay for your ExpressVPN service using a credit card, PayPal, or BitCoin. You can also choose one of 11 other payment services.
ExpressVPN payments are handled securely by Paymentwall.
ExpressVPN Review: Details
The ExpressVPN client app includes a built-in speed test that lets you keep track of your connection speed.
You can use this information to monitor the performance of your service. For instance, if you notice your speed is getting slow, you can decide to disconnect and choose a server that is closer to your location.
For most people, the setup and configuration of ExpressVPN are easy and seamless processes. However, if you need help, you can follow one of the company’s easy-to-follow tutorials.
If you still have problems, you can access ExpressVPN support via live chat, telephone or email.
Here’s what impressed us about ExpressVPN:
- This VPN allows you to stream content from anywhere, even from websites that a government, school or employer censors.
- Test your speed at any time to choose the fastest connection for you at any given time.
- Cross-platform support. ExpressVPN has apps for Windows, MacOS, Android, iOS, and Linux. You can even configure your router to use ExpressVPN over your cable or DSL connection.
- 24×7 support via live chat or email. Self-service support options are also available.
- VPN Split Tunneling. This feature lets you send some of your online traffic through ExpressVPN and other traffic through your direct connection.
ExpressVPN Review: Security
ExpressVPN makes the following statement about the use of activity and connection logs:
ExpressVPN does not and will never log traffic, data, DNS queries, or anything that could be used to identify you.
Additionally, our ExpressVPN review identified the following additional compelling security features:
- IP address masking keeps your true IP address and location private. When you connect to ExpressVPN, your data will anonymously assume the name and IP address of your VPN server.
- Anonymous browsing. ExpressVPN operates a “dark web” .onion website that guarantees your anonymity. Other supported tools can further increase your online security.
- Support for UDP-OpenVPN, TCP/UDP, SSTP, L2TP/IPsec. and PPTP. This means you can choose the protocol that best works for your network either manually or automatically.
- Zero-knowledge DNS. The ExpressVPN service uses private, encrypted DNS servers that both accelerate and secure your online activities.
ExpressVPN Review: Support
ExpressVPN augments its round-the-clock support with its Active Blog educational feature. This blog gives you security tips and privacy news for enjoying your digital freedom.
We also are impressed with the internet privacy guides that provide step-by-step VPN guides for browsing anonymously. These tutorials include topics that include how to use Tor, how to delete your Google history and other privacy best practices.
Finally, you’ll find robust support guides that show you how to stream sports through your ExpressVPN service. That’s right! You will never have to miss a game because of regional blackouts and ISP restrictions.
It’s time to buy ExpressVPN!
Talk to us!
Let us know how our ExpressVPN review has helped you. Also, if you have anything to add to our review (or any other type of feedback), we want to know.
Send us an email at [email protected] to start the conversation.
Get more of the best VPN reviews
I Want My VPN! provides professional reviews for all the top VPN services. Use the links below to learn more about ExpressVPN.
Best VPN Providers of 2019 and More
- How to Unblock Instagram at School
- Does IPVanish Work With Netflix?
- Does Private Internet Access Work with Netflix?
Watch IwantMyVPN Videos