In its standard, “out of box” form, the Linksys WRT3200ACM router doesn’t support connecting to a VPN server. So, if you want to connect all the devices in your home to a VPN, you’ll have to install open source firmware on your router. Here’s how.
How to use WRT3200ACM with a VPN service
- Buy your Linksys WRT3200ACM router. Use our link to get the best deal at Amazon.
- Download dd-wrt.
- Follow the instructions for flashing your Linksys WRT3200 open-source router with dd-wrt.
- Buy your VPN. We recommend NordVPN and ExpressVPN.
- Setup your WRT3200ACM router for either ExpressVPN or NordVPN using OpenVPN. Use the instructions for Nord. You can also follow the directions for ExpressVPN.
- Finally, configure all your devices, including IoT, smartphones, Apple TV, etc, to use your router. All internet traffic from your home will now have VPN protection.